- The below guide is for vvvv beta. More likely these days you're interested in the all-new vvvv gamma. Start here!
- Can vvvv do what you want? See the Propaganda page for an overview of vvvv's main capabilities and where to find info about them.
- Needs Windows 7/8/10/11
- 3 button mouse (recommended)
vvvv is available in two different forms:
- Beta - stable releases. Production grade
- Previews - has more features, but maybe unstable. Don't use for production
Take the 64bit version.
Run the installer.
If you have problems, see an illustrated Installation Guide for more info.
3. First start
Just started vvvv.exe?
You see a grey window with instructions. Welcome to vvvv!
Doesn't seem to work? See Troubleshooting
Check the User Interface Overview
Dive into The Patching Guide, it explains everything you need to get going
Coming from textual coding? Here is how we patch it: Programming Concepts
4. Examples and tutorials
Tired to read?
Check some real examples.
- vvvv is coming with a large number of example-patches with detailed explanations for almost every topic. We call it Girlpower. Check the /girlpower folder in your vvvv directory. It's a good place to start learning how to patch or get an overview of available features.
- Our take on the 'Generative Design' book examples - we call it 'Parasitic Design Cookbook'
- Patches from the 'Prototyping Interfaces' book
- Check all the Tutorials
- Follow the episodes of our own vvvvTv
- There are vveekend vvorkshops videos offered by microdee
- The Official: Don't panic - the noobs guide to vvvv
- The Inofficial: Illustrated guide to vvvv for newbies in computer arts
The written Documentation is structured in three main parts:
- Learning: written and video tutorials, books...
- Using vvvv: all you need to know about the main features
- Topics: covers specific usage scenarios like: Graphics, Audio, Video, IO...
Not sure about a certain term? Try the glossary.
6. Tons of amazing Contributions
7. Join our community!
Looking for help?
- Never hesitate to ask questions in the Forum or the Chat
- Subscribe to the vvvvTv youtube channel for tutorials, howtos and more
- Join the vimeo group vvvv for a stream of projects by fellow patchers
- More options here: Finding Help
- Share some screenshots using the Kommunikator
- Share your projects in the gallery section of our blog
- Share your patches and plugins in the Contributions or the Store
8. The bigger picture
Interested in how this all began and where it is all going? Check our roadmap.