Each window in vvvv also has a node associated. In other words: some nodes in vvvv have an associated window. You can identify those nodes by their icons.
Nodes with windows can be displayed in four modes:
- Hidden: only the node is visible
- InABox: node as box, containing the window
- Windowed: node with separate window
- Fullscreen: window visible fullscreen
Use the following shortcuts to switch to the respective modes:
- Hidden Alt3
- InABox Alt2
- Windowed Alt1
- Full Screen AltEnter
As an alternative quick shortcut to toggle between the hidden and windowed modes simply rightclick a node.
There is a difference between hiding and closing a patch (or any window) in vvvv:
- if you hide a window ALT3, its associated node will still be part of the system and continue working
- if you close a window CTRLW, its associated node will be removed from its patch and thus no longer be part of the program