|Date:||04 Dec, 2015|
first off: send massive thanks to meso for sponsoring the development and even more for making it public! now again for supporting a major update.
- Player (DX11.Texture 2d)
what's the deal?
if the nodename alone doesn't ring a bell:
tried a direct port of Player (EX9.Texture) by Elias but failed due to reasons.
so what's the differences:
- tries to read any file, since it tries to pick up any codec of the OS
- doesn't parse the directory async
- extra debug output decoding time
- not tested with multiple graphicscards
huge rework of the reading and loading pipeline
- got rid of the slimdx call, which would allocate memory (and thus cause leaks on stuttering systems)
- GPU loader speedup x4 on my dev machine
- CPU backend now uses WIC instead of system drawing. 50% speedup
- removed restrictions on filetypes by file extension: will try to load and decode anything
- compacted reading+decoding: removed one debug timing output
- added pin to manually chose the decoder: file format support overlaps between sharpdx and wic and on some formats it depends on your system, which one is actually faster.
- wait for frame option, defaults to true: option off means, just show whatever is currently loaded, can result in showing frames more multiple times or skipping ones but wont block the mainloop at all
- reading and loading of files has higher priority than disposing and freeing memory.
compatible from vvvv beta35.2 and dx11 1.0 onward
- upgrade to dx11 new interfaces as of dx11 pack 1.0 and .net 4.6 (pullrequest by MrRoundRobin)
- fixed output spreadcount not considering all input pins
- can handle negative indices properly (exception surfaced when using timebased module)
initial upload for vvvv version 33.7 + according dx11 pack
CommentsComments are no longer accepted.
Please create a new topic in the vvvv beta forum to discuss this contribution.