|Date:||30 Oct, 2016|
igl@ETH Zurich, Alec Jacobson (New York University), Ilya Baran (Disney Research, Zurich), Jovan Popovic (Adobe Systems, Inc.), Olga Sorkine (ETH Zurich), lichterloh. Also makes heavy use of Eigen, CGAL and boost.
Shape-aware blend weight computation for 2D/3D meshes
- Input can be either triangulated 2D meshes or 3D volumetric meshes
- Supported control handles: single points, connected bones and cages (of arbitrary topology)
- Control handles can be translated, scaled and rotated
- Output can be used in blend skinning shaders for realtime performance
- Includes forward kinematics solver for rotating bones
- supports Instancing (incl. Noodles)
- girlpower, check it out!
This pack comes with several nodes:
-BoundedBiharmonicWeights: this is where the magic happens -ForwardKinematics: a simple forward kinematics solver for rotating bones -MatrixMultiplication: mainly used for debugging blend weights (and for now the only DX9 solution) -LinearBlendSkinning: a shader for rendering, atm DX11 only
d.o.p.e. is based on research and code from the Interactive Geometry Lab @ ETH Zurich, ie "Bounded Biharmonic Weights for Real-Time Deformations": http://igl.ethz.ch/projects/bbw/
All my code is MIT where possible; always happy about credit to digitalWannabe/lichterloh All code from libigl is MPL2
- Pseudo edges; from the original research: linear transform helpers for point handles, which infer point rotations from their translations
- DX9 version of linear blend skinning shader
- Solution for normals
- Dual quaternion skinning shaders for smoother rotation results
- custom datatype to avoid huge spreadcounts
- improve RemovRegions (Triangle + TetGen) performance, no good
- run BoundedBiharmonicWeights on a different process to avoid blocking of vvvv
- added support for instancing (incl. hack for noodles), see 3D girlpower folder
- updated triangle/tetgen
- now works in beta (50+)
- fixed x64 precision error in girlpower patch
- initial release
- the linear blend skinning shader shows an error on startup, not sure why yet....only applies to alpha versions....
Nothing works? Try installing this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145
CommentsComments are no longer accepted.
Please create a new topic in the vvvv beta forum to discuss this contribution.