Change Log - vvvv45beta25
released on 24 12 10
- caching now saves only one file into the application data/temp dir
- slightly better startup performance due to lazy loading of dynamic plugins
- fixed a crash of vvvv if a plugin tried to log from a different thread than the main thread
- fixed various memory leaks related to plugins
- dynamic plugins copy locally referenced assemblies to the output directory on compile, so it should not be necessary anymore to put external dependencies in the bin/managed or plugins folder of vvvv.
- fixed a few threading issues regarding background parsing of c# projects and documents
- pluginwindows now hide correctly when sent to box (ALT+2) while their parent window is hidden
- plugin nodes are colored red in debug mode (ctrl+F9) if they throw runtime errors.
- debug mode now consistently colors nodes throwing errors
- only IOBox is selected after creating it with middleclick while making a connection
- duplicate within context added for patcheditor (keeps input links on duplicated nodes)
- file/dir open/save dialogs now open with the correct initial file/dir again
- better integration of code editor by using vvvv's window management for tabbing
- ctrl+click on a dynamic node brings up a dialog to choose which source file to open
- code editor opens up on a per node basis. so it only shows runtime errors of a specific node.
- string pins of subtype filename/directory now resolve environmentvariables like %USERPROFILE%
- new window: Finder (Ctrl+F)
- windowswitcher now based on Finder and also opens with ctrl+shift+tab
- new window: ProjectExplorer (Ctrl+J)
- project explorer displays project files of dynamic plugins and effects. it can be used to add/remove documents/references to a dynamic plugin and set the build configuration in order to debug a dynamic plugin in an external IDE like sharp develop or visual studio.
- optimized queue node.
- dynamic plugins don't need to be in vvvv/plugins anymore.
- cloning a template will use the path of the active patch suffixed with plugins/effects depending on the type of template.
- fix: cloning a dynamic plugin should handle illegal c# class name characters properly.
- if not necessary project files of dynamic plugins are not loaded by vvvv on node creation.
- fix: code editor should show errors in included fxh files too.
- if a node referenced by a v4p file can't be found or in case of dynamic plugins can't be compiled it should show up as a red node. see [nodes and paths](TODO INTERNALLINK:nodes and paths).
- fix: it shouldn't be a problem anymore to change the plugin info of a dynamic plugin during runtime. changing the systemname will result in a red node.
- better performance when deleting plugin/dynamic nodes (no more forcing of garbage collection)
- fixed memory leak in reloading of dynamic nodes
- generic output pin of type T registers GUIDs of T and all implemented interfaces and subclasses. for example an output of type Apple should be connectable to an input of type Fruit now.
- colorpins are now using their subtypes correctly
- texture-output-pins are now spreadable
shouldn't lose data if slicecount is increased or decreased
- added new argument IPin to IPinUpdater.Connect/Disconnect methods
- fix: setting slice count of GenericOutputPin to 0 didn't have any effect
- fix: divide by zero in InputBinSpread
- introduced new IPluginHost2 which implements IPluginHost and INode.
- removed all wrapper pin classes in V2. reduces overhead a little and should therefore bring little performance improvements.
- moved Pin
and DiffPin from VVVV.Hosting to VVVV.PluginInterfaces.V2. it's now possible to import Pin instead of ISpread if advanced features like Connected / Disconnected events are required.
- fix: SetRenderState/SetSamplerState and SetTextureStageState crashed since beta24. Text (EX9) used those methods so hopefully this fixes some strange behaviours reported by various users.
- methods of IPinUpdater weren't called if used in conjunction with V1 plugin
- reduced overhead a little in call to Evaluate method of plugin
- fix: if a plugin only implemented IPluginBase Update on Config pins wasn't called.
- fix: plugin input pins were deleted on recompile if plugin was evaluated each frame (for example if it was selected by inspektor), causing runtime exceptions.
- fix: http://vvvv.org/forum/enum-pin-in-v2-always-only-slicecount-of-1
- Added extension method ISpread.Clone() and added extension method ISpread.AssignFrom
- added property Buffer to Spread (use with caution).
- did a complete overhaul of the v2 pin implementations. much better memory management, far less garbage collections necessary -> hopefully far less glitches.
- added pin attribute Lazy to ISpread<ISpread
>. should be used in case one is only interested in a subset of the input. good example would be a getslice node.
- fix: v2 plugins use plugin host to log instead of default logger.
- Fixed overflow exception in RGBAColor when converting to System.Drawing.Color.
- fix: ISpread<ISpread
> should handle spread of negative bin sizes correctly.
- fix: v1 plugins weren't properly disposed if SetPluginHost method crashed.
- StringOutput pin only writes to internal pin if necessary in order to avoid expensive marshalling costs.
- introduced new INode2 interface which can be used by plugin writers to inspect the graph of vvvv. see IHDEHost.RootNode
- Frac (Value) can output whole parts up to MaxFloat
- QRCodeTexture (EX9.Texture) now only computes when one of its input changes and its textures are now accepted in Queue (EX9.Texture)
- Cons (EX9.Texture) now evaluates correctly if first pins are nil.
- Mesh (EX9.Geometry Split) now reports vertexbuffer downstream correctly if input has empty or nil mesh
- AsString (Value) now deals with a spreaded enum correctly